literary arts & poetry slam collective @ uw seattle
Updates for Spring quarter coming very soon.
Stay Tuned, Mouths.
Happy New Year, Mouths! With the first month of 2012 under our belts, we wanted to let you know what our resolutions are for the new year. We, Manic Mouth Congress, as an arts collective comprised of a diversity of voices and identities, wishes to let its constituents know the goals and hopes that we have for the year(s) to come:
- We hope to move our Open Mic Series to a wheel chair accessible space.
- We hope to work more in collaboration with other organizations (both on and off campus).
- We hope to figure out better ways to work from an anti-oppression framework as an arts activism collective.
- We hope to better define our mission statement.
- We hope to have a larger space for our Grand Slam (Tacoma Dome, anyone?).
- We hope to expand in a sustainable way.
- We hope to cultivate community even outside of poetry events. We hope to provide more social opportunities for our members to bond and form friendships.
- We hope to find more ways to hear feedback from our members on what our programming can do better.
- We hope to produce a chapbook or audio/video CD/DVD that would feature works by our members.
- We hope to facillitate an environment where folks of all art forms feel they can share their skills.
Thank you for your support, Mouths. If you have ideas on how Manic Mouth Congress can push forward, please let us know. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts, comments, concerns and questions.
THE MANIC MOUTH CONGRESS ORGANIZING TEAM